Disable file sharing link

Matt Chipman

May 26, 2014, 9:28:28 PM5/26/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I would like to disable the users ability to share a file via a download link.  Is there a way to disable this feature?

TIA

-Matt

Daniel Pan

May 28, 2014, 7:46:18 AM5/28/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
No such feature yet.

Lepez

Aug 26, 2015, 6:38:38 PM8/26/15
to seafile
Hello, have you been able to work on this feature yet?
For us is a really security risk that person A shares a library or folder with person B, and person B can create a download link and send it to however he/she wishes, and also noticed that the shared link is shown in person B download links list, but not in person A download lists.

In other words if I share a library, i no longer have control of who can access my library, since anyone can create other download links without my permission and without being aware of it.

Martin van Middelkoop

Sep 26, 2015, 11:38:17 AM9/26/15
to seafile
We also really would like to have this possibility to block sharing files and directories. Currently, Seafile is not really safe for us, when any user can share any file any time he/she wants to to anyone outside our company.

We actually have crippled the website download for this reason. This is a way, but not a nice way.

xuxi...@huaxincem.com

Dec 5, 2017, 7:46:39 PM12/5/17
to seafile
We use the proxy rule to disable it.

We publish seafile by IIS ARR and we block the url  "share/ajax/get-download-link/" ,and then you cannot get the download link.

if you add the repo_id=[the ID of folder you want to block], you can block to creat the specific folder download link,just like "share/ajax/get-download-link/?repo_id=05a13403-e838-4cce-87c7-aadc421c7bf4"

在 2014年5月27日星期二 UTC+8上午9:28:28,Matt Chipman写道: