read only share override with upload link

Janko Hrasko

Jul 9, 2014, 11:35:09 AM7/9/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm running Seafile server 3.0.4 with mysql with dedian. Everything is working fine but there is one thing I'm little bit confused. Maybe it is a feature but I don't thing so and I would like to ask you for you opinion if it is a bug or feature and I'm missing something.

Case is:

1. User1 shares folder to User2 in read-only mode (shared folder contain folder TEST)
2. User2 can access this library browse content and also can share folder TEST via upload link
3. Upload link created by User2 on shared library sub folder TEST allows file upload to TEST folder even User2 has this share accessible in read only mode.

IMHO User2 should not have permission to create upload link because in that moment read only is not read only at least for share sub folders.

So is this behavior correct or user that is accessing read only share should not have permission to create upload link ?

Read only restriction via client are working fine.

Thanks in advance

Daniel Pan

Jul 10, 2014, 5:56:24 AM7/10/14
to sea...@googlegroups.com