Re: [seafile] Re: Seafile Client mit OpenSSL Zertifikat

Nicolas Sebrecht

Nov 30, 2017, 6:28:19 PM11/30/17
to sea...@googlegroups.com, Nicolas Sebrecht
On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 03:26:34AM -0800, Julius van Vern wrote:
> Hey, guys,
> I have installed a seafile server and created an OpenSSL certificate.
> Seafile runs under Nginx and is also accessible via HTTPS over the net.
> However, the client (Windows, Android) cannot perform synchronization. At
> the first logon, the message "Attention not certified certificate"appears,
> which is logical, but a sync will not replace it.
> It works fine with the browser, I just add the certificate to the
> exception. But how can you solve this with the Windows client?
> Anybody have an idea?

Allowed certificates are defined in the browser for each browser, yes.

What you did is called a self-signed certificate. Since no browser know
you as SSL authority, you must add you in each browser. I have no idea
how to to this in windows but I'm pretty sure it's well explained on the
web.

Or you could use let's encrypt: https://letsencrypt.org/ . That's what I
do and it works great. ,-)

--