Searching for a company that does Scrum well

K. Thomas

Sep 1, 2016, 4:42:08 PM9/1/16
to Scrum Alliance - transforming the world of work.

I’m a CSM who also practices Kanban and have 5 + years’ experience working with technical teams. I’m contemplating leaving my position since the organization I am employed with is further moving away from Agile. (ever growing layers of hierarchy, less transparency, lack of trust in general)  I would like to find someplace that is, or at least truly aiming (not in words only) for the values found in Scrum.  From what I’ve heard from friends in San Francisco (where I live) and from what I’ve read in articles, this is pretty rare. Is this true? Or are there examples of companies who are more flat and progressive in their work culture? My other consideration is that I’m a working parent and have flexible work hours now. It appears that Amazon is heading in this direction, does this exist at other companies or do you all see this as a trend?

I know it’s not your typical Scrum related question and I thank you for anything you can share.

-Karen

scott.duncan

Sep 2, 2016, 12:07:59 PM9/2/16
to Scrum Alliance - transforming the world of work.
The Scrum Alliance has sponsored a Learning Consortium study where you can read about companies (or at least parts of companies) that were judged to be doing Scrum well:  https://www.scrumalliance.org/why-scrum/learning-consortium.  However, as Scrum entered larger companies, it became increasingly hard, in my opinion, to get the overall support needed to maintain (or even properly begin) a transition to a more Agile way of working.