Scrum Coaching Retreat - Seattle

Daniel Gullo

Mar 28, 2015, 7:56:46 PM3/28/15
to ScrumTCC@googlegroups.com Community, scrumcoaches, scruma...@googlegroups.com
Folks-

Time is running out to sign-up for the upcoming Scrum Coaching Retreat in Seattle:  https://www.scrumalliance.org/courses-events/events/coaches-retreats/2015/scrum-coaching-retreat-seattle-washington  At the writing of this Email, there are only 9 SPOTS REMAINING!!

The event is open to ALL who are interested in coaching, not just those who are Certified Scrum Coaches (CSC).  This is a great opportunity to network and share in deep conversations with others on crucial coaching topics.

Many thanks to the leadership team of #SCRSEA, with a special shout-out to Anu Smalley and Chris Waggoner, the leaders of the organizing team!!

I hope to see you in Seattle!

Best Regards
-

Daniel Gullo
CSC, CST

daniel...@apple-brook.com   |   Cell: 302.276.4454   |   Twitter: @danielgullo   |   www.apple-brook.com

Roger Brown

Jul 2, 2015, 10:14:26 AM7/2/15
to scrumc...@googlegroups.com, daniel...@apple-brook.com, scru...@googlegroups.com, scruma...@googlegroups.com
So, how did this retreat go? I heard there were 75 people?

Any awesome ideas come from it? Is there a wiki ?

- Roger

daniel.gullo

Jul 5, 2015, 10:46:15 AM7/5/15
to scrumc...@googlegroups.com, scruma...@googlegroups.com, scru...@googlegroups.com
There were over 85 people.  It was very good as a peer-to-peer event.

However, I am quite disappointed there weren't more CSCs there from a guide-level.  It was Chris Waggoner and me representing our whole community.  I was mostly there representing the Retreat Planning Committee.  Chris was one of the organizers.  What happened???  We had like 12 CSCs in London, I think.  And many at Boulder, Chandler, etc.

Manny was there almost the entire Retreat.  I gave him the history of the retreats and I had mentioned that part of why these were started was to showcase and promote the value of the CSC certification and our role in the community as mentors and coaches to coaches.  He asked who there was a CSC and I was embarrassed to say that there were only 2 out of 85 people.

So, even Manny mentioned to me that we ought to have more coaching leaders there to engage and help people grow (and he added "No offense to you or Chris.)  I mentioned that maybe we could work on getting some of the even more experienced people in the industry to attend so that the CSCs could learn from people more senior in the field; e.g. what would it take to get someone like Steve Denning to come and share leadership insights?  Or, how about Marshal Rosenberg.  Gerry Weinberg... others...  It's the whole idea of:  "If you are the smartest person in the room, you need to change rooms."

So, I am interested in hearing why other CSCs didn't come to SCR SEA.  Please share so that we can tailor these more for US going forward.

-Daniel

Skip Angel

Jul 5, 2015, 1:26:20 PM7/5/15
to scrumc...@googlegroups.com, scruma...@googlegroups.com, scru...@googlegroups.com
i had planned on going especially since it was in my backyard.  However, it was the week following school getting out and the best week to take a family vacation for us.