Acceptance Criteria

Sam Dsoca

Feb 24, 2015, 10:01:52 AM2/24/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just a curious question.

Who writes the base acceptance criteria.
I mean before the story bought to teams attention, the PO writes the user story.
and the team discusses in the backlog grooming sessions these stories and refines them.

So before the backlog grooming, is it expected to have a base level(something as a starting) Acceptance criteria.

If Yes, Who writes that ?

Is it the testers on the team or the PO.

I believe it should be PO and testers can be present to help.

Thanks
Sam

Madhu Puppala

Feb 24, 2015, 10:15:38 AM2/24/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
Sam,

Well, based on teams, I have seen like these:
1. Product owner has the ACC in the story when she builds it, B.A/Tester works with P.O to establish good ACC, Team will read thru the ACC in grroming to ensure every thing is correct/modify/add any needed.

2.Team writes ACC in the grooming but it is very time taking as far as i seen.(Usually grooming should not exceed an 1 hour ...)

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Madhu

Ron Jeffries

Feb 24, 2015, 10:16:25 AM2/24/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
Sam,

PO “owns” the test. Very likely testers and devs will need to help create it. Creating it is part of understanding the story.
Who types it in? Doesn’t matter. Probably not Product Owner, because their time is probably more precious.

Ron Jeffries
It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
-- Ronald Reagan

Paul Mahoney

Feb 24, 2015, 10:53:54 AM2/24/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
Ssm,
 IMHO the product owner should have some of the business acceptance criteria known or in mind as the user story is generated.  It may assist the PO in forming the story or understanding the business needs/user needs for the story.  As with any user story it is a continuous work in progress. I have worked a number of POs that would write user stories with the team or lead technologists in story workshops to shorten the writing process by shortening the feedback loop, if this makes sense.

Sam Dsoca

Feb 26, 2015, 10:12:58 AM2/26/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all...:)