The List

John Miller

Oct 9, 2015, 12:45:31 AM10/9/15
to Scrum Alliance - transforming the world of work.
I am noticing the LinkedIn Scrum Alliance group is much more active than this list. This list used to be very active.

There are many voices in LinkedIn , but, it lacks the guiding light of the ScrumGrandMasters I have learned so much from here.

Any ideas of why this list is waning?
Should we just merge with the LinkedIn group?
Are we scaring off folks from freely discussing & contributing?

I want this list to be what it once was, it brought me joy, connection, & growth.

--

John Miller | Chief Empowerment Officer | Agile Classrooms
CSC, CPCC, ACC, PMP

Deepening Learning | Enriching Relationships | Broadening the Future.
Want to Talk, Request a Time on Doodle here https://doodle.com/JohnMiller

Ron Jeffries

Oct 9, 2015, 7:11:53 AM10/9/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
Hmm … I am disinclined to LinkedIn but perhaps I must rethink my position …
If the SA is pushing things to LinkedIn, which may be a good strategy for them, this list will surely suffer.

On Oct 9, 2015, at 12:45 AM, John Miller <agiles...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am noticing the LinkedIn Scrum Alliance group is much more active than this list. This list used to be very active.

There are many voices in LinkedIn , but, it lacks the guiding light of the ScrumGrandMasters I have learned so much from here.

Any ideas of why this list is waning?
Should we just merge with the LinkedIn group?
Are we scaring off folks from freely discussing & contributing?

I want this list to be what it once was, it brought me joy, connection, & growth.

Ron Jeffries
Why pay now when we can pay later?

Glenn

Oct 9, 2015, 1:39:14 PM10/9/15
to Scrum Alliance - transforming the world of work.
I am also disinclined to LinkedIn. If you want to read on your phone you are forced to have the app and be logged into the app. I have not installed the app on my phone because the permissions it requests are trending towards oppressive.

This list can be read by anyone. Logged in or not. I appreciate that.

However, the choice may not be ours :(

Glenn

John Miller

Oct 9, 2015, 2:22:19 PM10/9/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
I agree, I like the email forum.
But, for some reason, the LinkedIn is more active.
Just curious why that is....

Is it us.  Are folks aware of this list? Are they not getting what they need from this list & going elsewhere?

I'll ask them in their forum.

No need to migrate over when we can do both.
I just wish they had the wise (and wise-ass sometimes) counsel of those on this list.

Howard Sublett

Oct 9, 2015, 2:26:25 PM10/9/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
LinkedIn appears to be an automatic content push from the SA.  It's full of shiny photos.

I guess some people like shiny.

Howard Sublett
Sent from my iPhone

Alan Dayley

Oct 9, 2015, 2:59:49 PM10/9/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
The "next generation" (whatever that means) of people starting to use Agile have two attributes that I think contribute to less traffic here.

1. They don't use email unless they must. They'd rather use an app in a social community, like LinkedIn.

2. They are people looking for instructions, not interaction and learning. This means people who have been doing Agile for a long time are tired of answering the basics, over and over again. It also means long-form discussions are not interesting when the audience wants to be told what to do.

These are generalizations, certainly. But it's what I feel is going on.

Alan

Braz Brandt

Oct 9, 2015, 3:27:39 PM10/9/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
John –

Add mine to the voices disinterested in merging this group with the LinkedIn group. I've always felt that while the output of this group was smaller in recent months, the signal to noise ratio here was and is so much better.

Michael Vizdos

Oct 11, 2015, 7:09:16 AM10/11/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
And.

What can we do next to help each other here?

Remember electronic communications do not replace the face-to-face ones we all must continue to have together.

Thank you.

- Michael Vizdos
  www.michaelvizdos.com

  Focus. #deliver