Best Screen Sharing Tool for Pair Programming

peter revelas

May 1, 2015, 10:51:13 AM5/1/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
I am starting a new project leveraging pair programming. The pairs will each have their own computers and monitors but the driver will be sharing his/her screen. I have lots of options to try but can anyone with some practical experience recommend a specific tool?

Chet Hendrickson

May 1, 2015, 11:17:45 AM5/1/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
I have been using VNC off and on for about 15 years.  It is very stable.  I recommend you take a look.

On Apr 27, 2015, at 9:07 PM, peter revelas <peter....@gmail.com> wrote:

I am starting a new project leveraging pair programming. The pairs will each have their own computers and monitors but the driver will be sharing his/her screen. I have lots of options to try but can anyone with some practical experience recommend a specific tool?

Jade Meskill

May 1, 2015, 11:38:19 AM5/1/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
I've had the best luck with Screenhero (now part of Slack). It handles voice and multiple cursors on the screen very well.

https://screenhero.com/

peter revelas

May 3, 2015, 2:07:54 PM5/3/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the help!

Dag Rowe

May 6, 2015, 12:34:18 PM5/6/15
to scruma...@googlegroups.com
If the team works in linux check out tmux.

tmux is the cool kid on the block for remote pair programming, as long as you are using a terminal based editor such as Vim or Emacs.

- Dag