Launch scripts now all written in Node

Andrew Clement

Jan 15, 2013, 6:25:37 PM1/15/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to a pull request now all the launch scripts are written in Node rather than platform specific shell/batch files.  If you 'pull' from git you'll see the changes and they'll be rolled into 0.4.

cheers,
Andy

Marc

Jan 27, 2013, 6:36:34 AM1/27/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Just out of curiosity, what's that first line in the file scr still doing in there?
#!/usr/bin/env node
Surely that's invalid inside a node .js script? I'm surprised it works.

Kris De Volder

Jan 28, 2013, 4:01:37 PM1/28/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
The 'shebang' tells Unix shells how to run the file (i.e. what
'command/executable' to run a scripty file with).
Since its a well-known Unix feature, I imagine node is smart enough to
ignore it and not treat it as part of your node code.