Quiet times

adrians

Apr 12, 2013, 11:15:21 PM4/12/13
to script...@googlegroups.com

Has this project been pushed back in terms of priority at VMware? The sudden halt in what used to be a flurry of activity seems odd. I would hope that the people involved just took a well deserved break.

Cheers,
Adrian

Andrew Clement

Apr 15, 2013, 1:15:58 PM4/15/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

Things were in a mad panic to get ready for presentation at EclipseCon - the week before that conference there was a lot of work to get the demos hanging together.  The team working on Scripted has several projects on the go and they had been a little neglected because working on Scripted was so fun. We are finding we need to give those projects a bit of love now - some of those involve Java8 and as that picks up momentum we need to do some work based on that.  Scripted work is still going on, but not as frantically as it was - the refactoring work currently in the dev branch will hopefully be rolled into master soon but it has a pre-req on the orion editor supporting the right kind of linked modes (I had a meeting with them about that a week or so ago).  The 'prototype' of refactoring shown at eclipsecon didn't behave well when using undo and so it'll be rewritten to use the correct orion editor infrastructure when it appears.  In other recent activity, there is a branch containing a version of scripted where the side panel supports multiple editors (actually panels that can show anything, there is a web browser pane that you can host in the side panel). Parts of the inferencer have also been rewritten to better handle parameter type inferencing. My vi editor support branch is also a work in progress but a bit too hacky and I've been talking to the orion editor guys about a better way to handle overriding key bindings for building a more complete vi mode...

Hope that gives you some info on where we are with things.

cheers,
Andy