Scripted 0.3 now available

Andrew Clement

Jan 8, 2013, 3:23:13 PM1/8/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
The 0.3 release is now available.

OR, as it says in the release notes, just install it through npm:

npm install -g scripted

Enjoy!
The Scripted team.

Marc

Jan 27, 2013, 6:57:48 AM1/27/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations guys!

Long running server: Does that mean we have to manually shutdown the node process (with scr -r) if we make configuration changes which require a restart? Previously just re-running "scr" stopped and started the process.

Also, it would be good to gain some kind of overview over which config changes (.scripted, .jshint etc) require a server restart and which need only a client refresh.

JSON5: Nice!

Completion templates: Very nice, though again as a Windows user I want to remind you how irritating it is to have a proliferation of new file extensions. The content is JSON so name it .json please! I do appreciate you've done this for .scriptedrc/scripted.json :-) IMO the file can be called templates.json or templates-whatever.json (ala keymap-windows.json) if you think multiple files are necessary - I don't though perhaps one per language would make sense (e.g. templates-javascript.json, templates.html.json etc).

Andrew Clement

Jan 27, 2013, 6:22:06 PM1/27/13
to script...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

Re: Long running server. The server is stateless so if you change something like a .scripted file to alter configuration, you just need to reload the page (as before). The only reason to restart the server really is if changing the server implementation.  Then you can use 'scr -r' to do that. If on master you can also use 'scr -k' to kill the server.

> Also, it would be good to gain some kind of overview over which config changes (.scripted, .jshint etc) require a server restart and which need only a client refresh.

Any changes only need a client refresh.

cheers,
Andy

Andrew Eisenberg

Jan 27, 2013, 6:29:55 PM1/27/13
to Andrew Clement, script...@googlegroups.com
A refresh of a templates file will require a server restart. (ie-
.scripted-completions)