Host with a custom AssemblyResolver

djh...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2015, 12:51:41 PM6/5/15
to scri...@googlegroups.com
I am working on hosting ScriptCS and using the ScriptServicesBuilder class has made it very easy for basic hosting -- thank you!

However, I've got assemblies referenced by scripts (with '#r "RandomAssembly.dll"') that are not found in the normal search paths and need to be resolved specially (they are loaded out of memory or from various disk locations).

I was trying to use a custom IAssemblyResolver thinking I could get control at '#r' time, but that doesn't seem to be what it is used for.

What mechanism should I use to get control at assembly resolution time so I can satisfy the '#r' references, if that is not what IAssemblyResolver is for?

Should I build a line pre-processor to look for #r's and try to find these 'special' assemblies at pre-processor time?

DJ