changing the way proxies work

Arik Galansky

Apr 1, 2014, 8:19:38 AM4/1/14
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Currently HttpProxyMiddleware uses the standard linux http_proxy environment variable.
The problem with that is that it means I have to set a proxy on the entire server to set a proxy on scrapy.
This is a major inconvenience as scraping is obviously a task that requires more proxies than most other activities.

I want to change HttpProxyMiddleware to use an HTTP_PROXY setting instead of  (or in adition to) the env var.

What do you think about it? is it a positive change you would accept and want to see added?

Paul Tremberth

Apr 1, 2014, 8:37:35 AM4/1/14
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
I like that idea