mentor for GSOC

SHANKAR JHA

Mar 29, 2017, 1:39:21 PM3/29/17
to scrapy-users
who is the mentor for gsoc "New HTTP/1.1 download handler"  scrapy project?

Paul Tremberth

Mar 29, 2017, 1:44:09 PM3/29/17
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shankar,

No one is listed for this idea.
Also, note that it appears that this HTTP/1.1 is less appealing now that quite a few bugs have been fixed recently.
In this mailing list, I suggested that someone build a proposal for an HTTP/2 support project.

Best,
Paul.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 7:39 PM, SHANKAR JHA <shank...@gmail.com> wrote:
who is the mentor for gsoc "New HTTP/1.1 download handler"  scrapy project?

Paul Tremberth

Mar 29, 2017, 1:48:56 PM3/29/17
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Actually,
Konstantin Lopukhin mentioned he could also be interested in mentoring for HTTP/1.1 downloader improvements.
But I'll repeat that the proposal will have to show some research on issues not covered by current fixes in master branch.

SHANKAR JHA

SHANKAR JHA

Mar 29, 2017, 2:20:47 PM3/29/17
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
As Scrapy is built on top of the Twisted asynchronous networking library, so can we change the protocol version to handle large data request.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "scrapy-users" group.