Re: Abridged summary of scrapy-users@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Nikolaos-Digenis Karagiannis

Dec 28, 2016, 12:13:02 PM12/28/16
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
I forgot about the rollbacks. They are needed in sqlite, yes.
In postgresql however, you can do "DELETE...RETURNING.."
so you shouldn't need to commit/rollback manually.

Also, I forgot about the remove method.
It's used by the cancel.json ws so you should implement it too.

On 28 December 2016 at 09:48, <scrapy...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
k bez <pricev...@gmail.com>: Dec 27 07:59AM -0800

Ok I patched *sqlite.py* module and SqlitePriorityQueue class and it seems
to work fine with Postgre.
But i have some questions if smone can answer.
1. SQLite use parameter ...more
Nikolaos-Digenis Karagiannis <digen...@gmail.com>: Dec 27 11:00PM +0200

1. Yes, just keep the connection in auto commit.
Also, know that you will have to ensure your pg server's availability.
2. Leftovers. Shouldn't matter.

...more
k bez <pricev...@gmail.com>: Dec 27 03:14PM -0800

I didnt use auto commit but seems to work fine without it in development
server.
There are some rollbacks in scrapyd code too so i dont know if auto commit
is good.....
Why auto commit is ...more