At last! A book dedicated to Scrapy!

Dimitris Kouzis - Loukas

Feb 5, 2016, 6:38:52 AM2/5/16
to scrapy-users

Hi all,

My book "Learning Scrapy" is about to hit Amazon. It’s the first book dedicated entirely to Scrapy.

Please take a peek on its Github accountAmazon or Packt If you like what you see, then share it with those you know will benefit from it. I genuinely believe it’s a powerful way to gain new users and strengthen and grow the entire Scrapy community.

Learning Scrapy is perfect for novice Scrapy users looking for clear examples of how to use Scrapy for basic data extraction. It’s ideal for more advanced users as well - touching on more complex aspects like Twisted-powered pipeline implementations, settings, performance characteristics, and distributed crawls.

Learning Scrapy will hopefully make Scrapy easier for new users, and help savvy users evolve and write even better code.

Sincerely,

Dimitrios

Pablo Hoffman

Feb 5, 2016, 12:59:30 PM2/5/16
to scrapy-users
That's awesome, congrats on the book release Dimitris!

Ashish Meena

Feb 5, 2016, 2:48:49 PM2/5/16
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Dimitris. Any dates for book to be release in India market? I would love to order print/kindle version of this book in India.

Doug Hudgeon

Feb 5, 2016, 3:30:19 PM2/5/16
to scrapy-users
Hi Dimitrios,

I'm reading it now on Packt and am very impressed by the content and clarity of the writing.

Congratulations!

Doug

Dimitris Kouzis - Loukas

Feb 6, 2016, 5:28:21 PM2/6/16
to scrapy-users
Thank you so much for you

@Doug - Thank you so much! That's all I wanted... a great book that will be clear and to the point! :)

@Ashish, I'm not very aware of the Indian online marketplaces. If you would like, please contact Krti (kirtipatil [at] packtpub.com - cc: me) to make sure it gets everywhere as soon as possible. I would guess it should already be available in packtpub.com

@Pablo Thanks a lot! :) I hope you will like the scrapinghub.com chapter as well :)

Melvin Roy

May 30, 2016, 12:05:17 PM5/30/16
to scrapy-users
Is there anyway I can pay and get a ebook?

Mikkel Ingwar Karlsen

May 31, 2016, 4:24:48 AM5/31/16
to scrapy-users
Grats. Found a small typo in the readme on Github; "[...] you will perfect the art of scarping data".

Dimitris Kouzis - Loukas

Jun 18, 2016, 3:05:16 PM6/18/16
to scrapy-users
Hello,

@Melvin, you can find it as an e-book from packt here.
@Mikkel, thanks a lot! Fixed it :)

Dimitris Kouzis - Loukas

Jul 7, 2016, 1:55:17 PM7/7/16
to scrapy-users
I did ta talk in PyData, London Meetup this Tuesday on the process of writing this book. I have a feeling you will find it very interesting. :)

Kakande Isaac

Jul 25, 2016, 5:30:27 AM7/25/16
to scrapy-users
its great to write a book about scrapy but i think the tutorial is more than enough for someone who wants to learn it