scraping desktop application

Coly Senghor

Jul 19, 2016, 6:08:34 AM7/19/16
to scrapy-users
Hello, if someone knows how to use Scrapy for scraping a desktop application? Any idea is welcome

bruce

Jul 19, 2016, 8:13:51 AM7/19/16
to scrapy-users
Hey Coly.

Can you give an overview of exactly what you're trying to accomplish? Step by Step?

Might lead to ideas on how to help you get a solution..

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 6:07 AM, Coly Senghor <lycos...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, if someone knows how to use Scrapy for scraping a desktop application? Any idea is welcome

Coly Senghor

Jul 19, 2016, 8:26:31 AM7/19/16
to scrapy-users
Hey Tom,

I have a desktop application, and I would like to automate some tasks. I want to use a crawler like scrapy to do this.
I would like to log in my desktop application and to click on some buttons in order to execute some tasks automatically.

1st) is it possible to do this ?
2nd) Can Scrapy or another crawler do it  ?
3rd) If yes, need some idea to do it.

Thx

bruce

Jul 19, 2016, 8:47:26 AM7/19/16
to scrapy-users
Ok.

Sorry. But I still don't understand what you're trying to do.

Scrapy doesn't allow you to automate anything? Scrapy allows you to "scrape" data, normally for web apps. Ie, you have a website. The website has some data on it -- pricing, text, whatever, that you want to retrieve. Scrapy provides tools to accomplish this.

Now, if you have an application that generates output data, depending on the output format, you could prob use scrapy (or other scraping tools) to extract the data.

Coly Senghor

Jul 21, 2016, 4:12:07 AM7/21/16
to scrapy-users
Hello, many thanks for your response, now I understand.