Scrapy 1.0 third release candidate

Julia Medina

Jun 12, 2015, 5:04:58 PM6/12/15
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
We're rolling the third release candidate for Scrapy 1.0, tagged 1.0.0rc3. We haven't found any critical issues since rc2 but there were some minor improvements we wanted included to finish polishing the official release. Unless some serious bug appears this time, you can expect a stable 1.0 release next Friday.

You can get it as usual from PyPI running:
    $ pip install Scrapy=1.0.0rc3

Changelog:
  • Make it easier to use default settings in CrawlerRunner (#1285)
  • Fix typos in scrapy/commands/setting.py (#1293)
  • Documentation update: spider_error doesn't support deferreds (#1292)
  • CrawlerProcess cleanup (#1284)
  • Fix a couple typos (#1298)
  • Do leveldb compaction for httpcache on closing (#1297)
  • configure_logging: change the meaning of settings=None (#1286)
Have a good weekend!

Elias Dorneles

Jun 14, 2015, 2:21:42 PM6/14/15
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Just in case anyone run into the same problem as me, the command to install the RC from PyPI needs two equal signs there:

pip install Scrapy==1.0.0rc3

Cheers!

Julia Medina

Jun 14, 2015, 2:22:45 PM6/14/15