GSOC, Adding Python3 support to scrappy

Pavan Koli

Mar 9, 2015, 3:43:13 PM3/9/15
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I am Pavan Koli. I'm interested in adding python3 support to scrappy. I have a good knowledge of Python 2.7 and Python 3.4, which should help me with the project. Please guide me.

Mikhail Korobov

Mar 10, 2015, 3:54:29 PM3/10/15
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavan,

I'd suggest you start by getting involved in Scrapy development by looking at currently open issues in Github issue tracker. The issues does not need to be related to the task you picked from GSOC idea list.

That's the only way we have to evaluate if you are up to the task, and at the same time you can evaluate if we and Scrapy is up to your expectations as a community and open source project.