Scrapy 0.7 release candidate is available!

Pablo Hoffman

Sep 17, 2009, 3:53:17 PM9/17/09
to Scrapy Users
Hello everyone,

I'm very pleased to announce the first release candidate of Scrapy 0.7 - our
first stable release!.

Let's give it a good testing to make 0.7 as good as possible.

You can download the tarball from the main site (a Windows installer is also
available):

http://scrapy.org/download/

In the following days we'll be splitting the documentation (dev/stable) and
creating the 0.8 branch, along with fixing the bugs reported in the 0.7 release
candidate. The plan is to release 0.7 final in a week or two, unless too many
critical bugs arise (hopefully not), in which case we'll release a second
candidate.

Finally, a huge thanks to everyone who made this possible and to Mydeco for
sponsoring a major part of its development. Also, the community feedback and
bug reporting has been very useful for getting us here. For me, personally, it
has been a very challenging, and equally rewarding journey (of almost two years
now). I am confident that we're releasing the best screen scraping framework
currently available for Python.

Pablo.

PS1. For the security-conscious, release checksums (signed by myself) are
available in: http://scrapy.org/releases/0.7.0-rc1/

PS2. Also available on PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/scrapy/