Deprecated Warning

Vivek Jain

Oct 4, 2013, 2:31:07 AM10/4/13
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
when i do scrapy check command it is showing me the following error
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scrapy/settings/deprecated.py:26: ScrapyDeprecationWarning: You are using the following settings which are deprecated or obsolete (ask scrapy...@googlegroups.com for alternatives):
    BOT_VERSION: no longer used (user agent defaults to Scrapy now)
  warnings.warn(msg, ScrapyDeprecationWarning

also when i do scrapy version it is showing me following error
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scrapy/settings/deprecated.py:26: ScrapyDeprecationWarning: You are using the following settings which are deprecated or obsolete (ask scrapy...@googlegroups.com for alternatives):
    BOT_VERSION: no longer used (user agent defaults to Scrapy now)
  warnings.warn(msg, ScrapyDeprecationWarning)
Scrapy 0.18.2

Any idea how to resolve this

Pablo Hoffman

Oct 4, 2013, 11:30:34 AM10/4/13
to scrapy-users
BOT_VERSION setting is no longer used for anything on Scrapy, so you should just remove it from your settings.py.

Previously, BOT_VERSION was only used to construct the USER_AGENT setting so nothing will get broken. Now, you should just have USER_AGENT setting and get rid of BOT_VERSION.

Junaid Ahmed

May 22, 2015, 1:26:17 AM5/22/15
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
nice