Scrapy 1.0 release candidate - round two!

Julia Medina

Jun 5, 2015, 5:55:36 PM6/5/15
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Hello again!

Scrapy 1.0.0rc1 has been out for two weeks now, and thanks to our helpful testers we were able to detect and fix many remaining bugs. You can see the changelog with those bugfixes at the bottom of this announcement, or check the updated Release Notes for 1.0 in our docs.

This time we’re rolling a second release candidate to get 1.0 ready, tagged 1.0.0rc2. As mentioned when introducing the first candidate, we encourage everyone to try it out and report us any issues you experience. Make sure to test your existing projects with it to prepare for 1.0!

You can get it with pip running:
    $ pip install Scrapy=1.0.0rc2

Happy testing!

Changelog:
  • Increase delay of defer calls so IO operations are more responsive (#1253)
  • Remove CrawlerProcess.stopping as it isn't used anymore (#1258)
  • LogCounterHandler is never removed from root handlers list (#1259)
  • Second PIL link no longer in use (#1260)
  • Fix CrawlerProcess when settings are passed as dicts (#1268)
  • Tiny spelling correction (#1271)
  • Fix backward incompatibility for relocated paths in settings (#1267)
  • Fix Spider.custom_settings (#1276)
  • Remove deprecated %z formatting from the default LOG_DATEFORMAT (#1278)