Scrapy 0.20.0 released!

Daniel Graña

Nov 9, 2013, 2:34:56 AM11/9/13
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
We are very proud to let you know that Scrapy 0.20.0 has been released.

Remarkable points:
- New (backwards compatible) Selector's API including CSS expressions support, check the docs.
- CPython 2.7 is the only well tested flavor, the road for Python 3 looks better, pypy2.1 is very close, and no more Python 2.6.
- There aren't backward incompatible changes in public or documented API since 0.18, upgrades should be smooth!

See full list at Scrapy 0.20.0 Release Notes.

Thanks to everyone hacking on Scrapy which made this possible!

Daniel.

Charles Aweida

Nov 22, 2013, 2:32:19 PM11/22/13
to scrapy...@googlegroups.com
Can you tell me how I should upgrade? I currently am using 0.18, I tried pip install --upgrade Scrapy However my version still reads 0.18 I am on a mac V10.9 with python 2.7.5