ApacheCon EU Sevilla

Julien Nioche

Jun 29, 2016, 10:10:07 AM6/29/16
to d...@nutch.apache.org, scrapy...@googlegroups.com, crawler...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for cross posting. As you are probably aware, the ApacheCon Europe, and Apache Big Data conferences will take place in Seville, Spain, November 14-18, 2016.

I just submitted a talk on StormCrawler (which will touch on Apache Nutch as well) and I know that at least 1 other fellow Nutch committer will be there.

Is anyone else planning on going? It would be interesting not only to catch up within each respective project but also meet people from other crawl related projects.

Best regards

Julien

Mikhail Korobov

Jul 6, 2016, 5:47:52 PM7/6/16
to scrapy-users, d...@nutch.apache.org, crawler...@googlegroups.com
Hey Julien,

I'm not aware of such plans, but let's keep in touch if something changes!

By the way, StormCrawler front page says that "Unlike other crawlers like Apache Nutch or Scrapy, storm-crawler is not a ready-to-use software, but a library that developers can leverage to build their own crawlers." - Scrapy is not a ready-to-use software, it is not a crawler on itself - it is a framework and a library to create crawlers.

Julien Nioche

Jul 8, 2016, 4:28:49 AM7/8/16
to scrapy-users
Hi Mikhail

Thanks for the correction, will fix this. And, yes please, let's get in touch if someone from the Scrapy community goes to ApacheCon.

Happy crawling!

Julien