Moving the Scrapy community on Reddit

Paul Tremberth

May 29, 2017, 11:31:40 AM5/29/17
to scrapy-users
Hello Scrapy users!

After using this mailing list for many years as our main forum for discussions, questions and announcements, today we are moving such activities to the /r/scrapy on Reddit.

We believe that nowadays we have much better tools than a mailing list for the kind of traffic that we are used to get here. For troubleshooting, Stack Overflow has become the place to go. Discussions, generic questions, code reviews, and whatnots are a great fit for Reddit. In addition to threaded comments, source code formatting and a ranking mechanism that allows the community to define which topics are more relevant, on Reddit you get public recognition for your participation via Karma points.

New submissions to this mailing list will not be possible after June 15. 2017, but the archives will remain available indefinitely.

We'd like to thank you all for your engagement here and invite every one of you to join us at reddit.com/r/scrapy.

See you there!

/Paul, for the Scrapy team
This conversation is locked