Path questions

Dave Field

Mar 11, 2014, 5:27:23 AM3/11/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com

I’ve installed SCM-Manager on a Windows Server 2008 R2 installation and I’m having trouble finding the correct directory to map the path environment variable so that the “git” commands work rather than just complaining that it can’t find the command to use.

I’ve scoured the SCM-Manager Wiki and also the internet in general but the latter references a standalone installation of Git rather than integrated with SCM-Manager.

Also – as a secondary question, I’ve put the .hgrc file in the root of the service account user that the service is running under. 1) is this the correct place and 2) what do you call the file? Everyone references a .hgrc file without a file name before it, this isn’t possible in Windows so I’ve called it config.hgrc for now. Will this still work?

Sorry for the probably rather basic questions but I use Windows through and through and most of the commands/tutorials I find are meant for Linux and I’m struggling to translate.

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 11, 2014, 2:14:44 PM3/11/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
SCM-Manager does not come with a git binary. SCM-Manager uses the JGit api to execute git actions. If you need the git client on your server you have to install the binary by your self.

On windows the .hgrc file is called Mercurial.ini, please have a look at http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/hgrc.5.html

Why you need a hgrc on your server?

Sebastian

Dave Field

Mar 11, 2014, 5:22:48 PM3/11/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply, it was for the last two parts of this tutorial you've posted on your Wiki here: https://bitbucket.org/sdorra/scm-manager/wiki/scm-server-ssl

I did guess the Mercurial.ini file which I placed in the correct place (along with the config.hgrc file).

If that is the case, how can I run git commands against the JGit as per the Git SSL instructions?

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 13, 2014, 3:02:53 PM3/13/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
The git and mercurial setting in the ssl tutorial are for the clients and not for the server.

Sebastian

Dave Field

Mar 14, 2014, 3:44:11 AM3/14/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
That makes alot more sense, thanks for clearing that up,

You may wish to add that to your Wiki tutorial as it only ever mentions the server and not any client actions.