trigger refresh for web-ui git commit list after updating git repo on filesystem

Michael Augustin

Jan 28, 2015, 11:47:58 AM1/28/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I already read some mails about bad behaviour of working on git repo directly on filesystem instead via http, but ... I refresh a GIT repo via git fetch in a jenkins-script on changes in a SVN-server. Since SCM-manager use a cache it doesn't show the latest log entries in the web ui. From my perspective it's nicer to pull in the changes, than pulling in a additional local repo and than push to the scm-manager via http, because it would need twice the diskspace and network traffic. Fetching changes looks nicer to me.

So the question is: How can I tell SCM-manager to look in the real git repo and that it's cached data is invalid.

Is there a git command I could send via http that triggers the lookup? Is there something in the REST-api? Can it be configured?

kind regards,
Michael

Sebastian Sdorra

Jan 29, 2015, 2:35:07 PM1/29/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,
You can could clear the cache, after the repository has changed, with a script for the script-plugin. But updating repositories without the usage of the http api, will bring an other side effect: SCM-Manager hooks are not longer triggered, this means that a lot of plugins will not work as expected and last modified dates are not updated.

Sebastian