Is there another way of refreshing a GIT repository other than restarting scm-manager?

Simon Gottschlag

Oct 11, 2015, 12:31:40 PM10/11/15
to scmmanager
Hi,

I'm new (like a few hours) to scm-manager but it is really cool!

My goal is to use scm-manager together with rancid (backing up switches/firewalls and other network equipment). I've got rancid up and running and it's git repository is working as it should.

I've added the repository to SCM Manager using the Web Interface, and all commits/changes shows up. But when a configuration is updated, and something is commited to the repository, SCM Manager doesn't update and I have to manually restart SCM Manager to be able to see the changes.

I'm not sure if this is "by design" or something I've done wrong. But my question is if there's a way to refresh the GIT repository? A cron-script would work fine with me, running it every five minutes. I would prefer not restarting SCM Manager, since it would require the users logged on to logon again.

Any feedback is welcome and thanks for a great product/community! :)

Best Regards,
Simon Gottschlag

Sebastian Sdorra

Oct 21, 2015, 2:44:08 PM10/21/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
How do you push the changes to scm-manager? Do you use the http url or do you change the git directory directly? SCM-Manager cache changeset and source listings and the caches are only cleared when it detects a change. SCM-Manager can only detect changes, if the push comes through http.

Sebastian