SCM-Manager with git-annex

Marvin Steijaert

Jul 8, 2014, 10:31:51 AM7/8/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the combination of git-annex with SCM-Manager? I have succesfully set up a local clone of a repository that I have on an instance of SCM-Manager. After that, I (i) have initiated git annex, (ii) added a test file and (iii) committed and pushed this to the SCM-Manager:
git annex init
ls /usr/bin/ > test.txt
git commit -a -m 'added a test file'
git push origin master git-annex
git annex sync

This went well. And I'm also able to create a new clone which does contain the test.txt as a link.
Now, I also want to push the contents of test.txt itself (which is hidden in .git/annex). According to https://git-annex.branchable.com/tips/centralized_git_repository_tutorial/, I should run
git annex copy --to origin".
But when I do that, I get the following error:
$ git annex copy --to origin
Remote origin not usable by git-annex; setting annex-ignore
git-annex: cannot determine uuid for origin

Apparently, I have to set or install something at the server level. Is it sufficient to install git-annex on the machine on which I run SCM-Manager?

Thanks,
Marvin Steijaert

Sebastian Sdorra

Jul 9, 2014, 2:52:27 AM7/9/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I don't think that installing git-annex on the server will help. Git-Annex seems to use a specific shell which is invoked by git over ssh and this is not possible with http. The only thing you can do is to set the ignore property, as in the github example.

Sebastian