LDAP issue with a single user and groups

Paul

Jul 8, 2016, 12:53:38 PM7/8/16
to scmmanager
So for the background:
In A/D we have users in a single container, and we have groups in another container.  All of our projects use a security group for permissions.

In SCM Manager we are using the LDAP plugin with relatively little issue.

On repos in SCM manager, groups work and individual users work.

In Jenkins we are using a generic user account to get access to the repos back on SCM.  It appears SCM is not reading the groups correctly for this user, even though SCM must be reading the groups correctly, otherwise none could get in.  If I add the user directly in SCM, it is fine.  That would be time consuming for what we are doing though.

SCM Server Log shows:
2016-07-08 11:45:59.121 [qtp1705929636-46446] WARN  sonia.scm.auth.ldap.LDAPAuthenticationContext - no user with username Username for 'http found
2016-07-08 11:45:59.121 [qtp1705929636-46446] WARN  sonia.scm.web.filter.BasicAuthenticationFilter - authentication failed for user Username for 'http

Nested Groups is checked, base DN is the top level of our domain - not set to a specific container.

Is there a more detailed log somewhere as well?