Update via yum?

Jérémie Faucher-Goulet

Sep 8, 2015, 6:55:02 PM9/8/15
to scmmanager
Hi,

I am running scm-manager version 1.41, which was the version used during the initial install.

It was done through RPM on CentOs, as described here:

We are planning to upgrade to the latest version. Is upgrading as simple as calling
sudo yum update scm-server
?

Do I have to take other steps such as stopping the service beforehand?
What happens with the plugins?
Will I loose the custom HTTPS config and truststore?
Anything else I should be aware of?

I am just trying to avoid problems since this is not documented (as far as I can find) and I've never upgraded scm-manager up until now.

Thanks for the help,

Jérémie

Sebastian Sdorra

Oct 4, 2015, 1:06:14 PM10/4/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Yes, it is so simple. You have to restart the service after the upgrade. The plugins are stored in the scm home directory, which is not affected from upgrades. The server-config.xml file is marked as configuration file, which should never we overwritten the upgrade process should ask you. You should upgrade the plugins to the lated version, before and after the upgrade.

Sebastian