Backup Script Automation and Disaster Recovery Recommendation - Will This Work?

Chuck Boecking

Mar 3, 2015, 9:56:39 PM3/3/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I created a s3cmd backup script and cronjob to automate the backup of my SCMManager configuration and repositories. Please see the attached files. If you have any recommendations or if you make improvements to the attached files, please post them to this topic.

I am running scmmanager in AWS. I have a backup AMI of my production SCMManager server. I am assuming that in a disaster recovery scenario, the following will work:
  1. Create a new instance of the SCMManager backup AMI
  2. Stop the SCMManager server
  3. Restore the /var/lib/scm/ folder from S3
  4. Start the SCMManager server
Go on your merry way...

Please let me know if anyone has thoughts or concerns with the above process. Thank you for your time and consideration!!

Chuck Boecking
cronJobs.txt
s3back.sh

Chuck Boecking

Aug 21, 2015, 9:27:27 AM8/21/15
to scmmanager
FYI - Updated to point to a similar discussion: