Starting scm-manager from a port different from 8080

Renzo Orsini

Feb 20, 2015, 6:01:37 AM2/20/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I am new to scm-manager. I have to start scm-manager from a port which is different from 8080. I tried to change the server-config.xml file, setting <SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="8088" />, but when I restart scm-manager it starts again from port 8080.

Where did I make a mistake? On permissions? From which user I have to start scm-manager? super user o regular user?

Thank you very much for your help!

Renzo Orsini

Sebastian Sdorra

Feb 20, 2015, 1:42:57 PM2/20/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
How did you installed scm-manager? Because the port changes are overridden, in /etc/defaults/scm-server for the rpm and deb installations.

Sebastian

Sebastian Sdorra

Feb 20, 2015, 1:44:16 PM2/20/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
You should run scm-manager as normal user for security reasons. In the case of rpm or deb installations, you should use the created user scm.

Sebastian

Renzo Orsini

Feb 20, 2015, 3:49:56 PM2/20/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
It works now, by changing /etc/default/scm-server, thanks.

Renzo Orsini