Task manager

ohomem eamente

Jan 25, 2016, 1:00:17 AM1/25/16
to scmmanager
Hi.

I'm thinking to make a plugin for simple task manager. Do you think that it's worth to do it for the current version API or should I wait?

Best regards.

Daniel Huchthausen

Feb 24, 2016, 7:29:06 AM2/24/16
to scmmanager
Hi Ohomem,

It would totally be worth to develop a task manager for the current API version, because I think that it will take some time until the next major version will be released.

Cheers,
Daniel

------------------------------
SCM-Manager supported by Cloudogu

Web: www.scm-manager.com

Stay tuned to the latest news by using the following links
google+ : http://www.scm-manager.com/+
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/scmmanager

ohomem eamente

Feb 26, 2016, 2:28:55 AM2/26/16
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
And do you think it's something useful? What I want is to integrate a way to specify task and we can have commits per tasks. Or Maybe we could sponsor this module. what do you think?

Daniel Huchthausen

Feb 26, 2016, 4:10:40 AM2/26/16
to scmmanager
Above all: I you need it, it's useful!
I don't know what's exactly on your mind with the task manager. It can be helpful to have the sources and tasks in one application. Normally you have an issue tracker application like Redmine, JIRA or Bugzilla to define and handle bugs/tasks and you can connect those applications with SCM-Manager.
Bugzilla on the other hand does only know bugs and not tasks, so it could be useful to have a task manager in SCM-Manager for Bugzilla users (and of course others).

Cheers,
Daniel

ohomem eamente

Feb 26, 2016, 5:12:14 AM2/26/16
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Yes, The ideia is just task to show developer what he will do, and make commit related to that task. Basically project manager can create task in their software and send the task to repository so developers can just interact with it.

I can also sponsor such development, if it's not to expensive, is there any available human/ Alien Resource ? :D

Daniel Huchthausen

Feb 26, 2016, 7:32:29 AM2/26/16
to scmmanager
What do you mean with "project manager can create task in their software" ? Do you have a specific application in mind, or should the project manager create tasks in SCM-Manager?
We do develop plugins for SCM-Manager. So if you don't want to develop the plugin on your own you could send us your ideas about the plugin via e-mail (in...@scm-manager.com) and we would prepare a price quote for you. But we would need more details (affected applications, a rough description of the workflow and desired option/features of the plugin).