hg clone/ pull with large files

Jørgen Staun Hansen

Jun 10, 2015, 5:38:46 AM6/10/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Our dev. are using large files in their repositories and after moving from a Windows Mercurial setup (where it worked) to SCM with hg they cannot clone repositories with these files (around 700+ MB).

After more or less the same time (225 seconds) the clone stop with this message

destination directory: Ascona
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
transaction abort
!
rollback completed
abort
: connection ended unexpectedly

is it a timeout somewhere or is the something with the large files?

Jørgen Staun Hansen

Jun 10, 2015, 7:08:34 AM6/10/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
A little update.

Tried to create a new repository and pushed files of different sizes (from 100 MB to 950 MB) which was succesfull. But when I deleted the local repo. and cloned this I got the same error as before.

So I can push large files, but not clone/ pull them.
Message has been deleted

Jørgen Staun Hansen

Jun 16, 2015, 9:51:39 AM6/16/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Any suggestions? - tried to change hgrc setting with

[extensions]
largefiles =

But without succes.
I cannot understand why I can push the large files but cannot pull/ clone the same files.

It looks like i fails on the second part of a large file.
A debug output:

sending lookup command
query
1; heads
sending batch command
sending getbundle command
adding changesets
changesets
: 1 chunks
add changeset a29ec1b6187e
changesets
: 2 chunks
add changeset a398463169d1
adding manifests
manifests
: 1/2 chunks (50.00%)
manifests
: 2/2 chunks (100.00%)
adding file changes
adding ubuntu
-12.04.1-desktop-i386.iso revisions
files
: 1/2 chunks (50.00%)
adding xubuntu
-14.04.2-desktop-i386.iso revisions
files
: 2/2 chunks (100.00%)

transaction abort
!
rollback completed
abort
: connection ended unexpectedly

Sebastian Sdorra

Jun 17, 2015, 3:58:23 PM6/17/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
This could be a timeout problem. Could you post a trace log of a failed clone?

Sebastian

Sebastian Sdorra

Jun 17, 2015, 4:01:34 PM6/17/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Could you try to increase the maxIdleTime:

Sebastian

Jørgen Staun Hansen

Jun 19, 2015, 4:31:31 AM6/19/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Excellent Sebastian, changing the "idleTimeout" did the trick. My engineers send a big thanks to you :-)