SCM-Manager Rest Module

Yuri Dirickson

Feb 5, 2015, 1:05:31 PM2/5/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm starting to test SCM-Manager in my environment. Yours webapp is a package with server and UI, right? There's a straight way to only use the Rest module of it to control my SCM from my own application?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian Sdorra

Feb 5, 2015, 2:28:23 PM2/5/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Yes of course. If your application is written in java of any other jvm language you can use the java client api:

For any other language you have to use the rest api directly, you can find the doku here:

Sebastian

Yuri Dirickson

Feb 6, 2015, 8:27:19 AM2/6/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic,

This solves half of my problems. The other half is not mandatory, but it is possible to tear down yours web application in order to obtain only the Rest Server? We do not need/want the SCM-Manager to have a web UI, so I was thinking if I could extract only the Rest module of it to put into my server where scm is. I would gladly do it myself, I just need some tips in where to start looking.

Thank you very much,

Yuri M. R. Dirickson
Bacharel em Matemática Aplicada - IME USP
Mestrando em Engenharia da Computação - POLI Elétrica USP
Analista de Sistemas - Desenvolvedor Java - CeTI-SP USP

Sebastian Sdorra

Feb 7, 2015, 11:00:22 AM2/7/15
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
The web ui is completely written in javascript and does not use any server capacity, so i think it is not necessary to disable it.

Sebastian