Building from source fails

Chris Miller

Jun 27, 2014, 6:03:50 AM6/27/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to build SCM Manager from source as per https://bitbucket.org/sdorra/scm-manager/wiki/build-from-source but it is failing with the following error:

[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project sonia.scm.plugins:scm-plugins:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT (E:\Programming\Percentile\scm-manager\scm-plugins\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin sonia.scm.maven:smp-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact com.github.sdorra:buildfrontend-maven-plugin:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT in maven.scm-manager.org (http://maven.scm-manager.org/nexus/content/groups/public) -> [Help 2]

Sebastian Sdorra

Jul 1, 2014, 3:20:01 PM7/1/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you are right the buildfrontend-maven-plugin was not available in the repository. The build should now work, but note you are trying to build the snapshot of version 2.0.0. Version 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT is in very early phase, if you want to build version 1.x you to switch the branch to 1.x (hg update 1.x).

Sebastian

Chris Miller

Jul 1, 2014, 5:05:30 PM7/1/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Sebastian. You're right in that for my current purposes I should probably be working with the 1.x branch so I'll switch over to that for now - thanks for the pointer.