permission refresh on login session

Bernardo Costa

May 9, 2014, 2:38:56 PM5/9/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I have seen many users saying they need to logout and make a new login at the we interface any time a permission is updated in any repository. If they don't do this, they can't see a repository which they used not to have access. is it the expected behaviour ?

Sebastian Sdorra

May 12, 2014, 4:04:44 PM5/12/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
No, this should not be necessary. Repository permission updates should have an immediate impact (repository grid reload button instead of logout and login). The only thing which requires logout and login are changes in group memberships.

Sebastian

I have seen many users saying they need to logout and make a new login at the we interface any time a permission is updated in any repository. If they don't do this, they can't see a repository which they used not to have access. is it the expected behaviour ?

Bernardo Costa

May 13, 2014, 8:15:31 AM5/13/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Well, it might be a bug though.

Sebastian Sdorra

May 19, 2014, 7:06:02 AM5/19/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide a step by step tutorial to reproduce the problem?

Sebastian

Bernardo Costa

Jun 6, 2014, 3:37:19 PM6/6/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Well, TBH I was not able to reproduce the problem although I see sometimes one or another complaining about it. I tried to make some tests and on them as I changed one repository permission the change was ready seen by the user. This test was made with a user that reported the problem. The only point to be aware is that before this test, the user renewed its login at the server. Before renewing, the user had a strange view. He was able to see the groups he manages, he was also able to see that he belogs to all that groups he is manager. But going to the repository view, he had his view denied on a repository. And I could see that this repository had one group this user belongs to configured with admin privilege. I believe this issue is related to users that do not use the "remember me" checkbox on login. If they go too long with his session opened in the browser, he might get errors such as these. One point to remember is that hitting the reload button on browser does not have any effect. Just logging out and logging in again makes things right again.

2014-06-06 16:08:08.051 [http-bio-8443-exec-808] WARN  sonia.scm.web.filter.PermissionFilter - user xxxx has not enough permissions