What's the difference between the authormapping and the svnuser plugin

Jaap Roes

May 22, 2012, 3:29:33 AM5/22/12
to scmmanager
These two plugins have very similar descriptions and seem to,
generally, do the same thing. Is one favored to the other? Does the
authormapping plugin work with svn?

https://bitbucket.org/sdorra/scm-authormapping-plugin
Lookup and transform usernames to the real names stored in the scm-
manager user database or in a mapping table.

https://bitbucket.org/sdorra/scm-svnuser-plugin
Lookup and transform svn usernames to the real names stored in the scm-
manager user database.

Jaap Roes

May 22, 2012, 5:44:06 AM5/22/12
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Additional question... is it possible to create a global mapping table instead of one per repository? I could just create a user for lookup purposes, but as it's not possible to create an inactive user (that I know of) I would have to create user accounts for people that no longer work in the company.

Also, after creating user mappings it seems that I have to restart the scm-server process before things are picked up. Is this correct?

Sebastian Sdorra

May 22, 2012, 8:53:01 AM5/22/12
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
The authormapping plugin should be the favored one and yes this plugin
can handle svn repositories. At the moment it is not possible to
create global mapping or inactive users, but you could create a
enhancement ticket for that
(https://bitbucket.org/sdorra/scm-manager/issues?status=new&status=open).
The restart is not correct it seems to be a caching bug in
scm-manager. I will fix this bug with version 1.16 of SCM-Manager.

Sebastian

Jaap Roes

May 22, 2012, 9:22:31 AM5/22/12
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Created an enhancement request for the ability to deactivate user https://bitbucket.org/sdorra/scm-manager/issue/153/add-a-way-to-deactivate-users

Seems the most useful addition in general.