scm-server not starting

hopcycle

Mar 28, 2014, 8:20:20 AM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I had tested out scm-server on my desktop and it worked fine. I then put it on my server and I can't seem to get it to start. When I open scm-server.bat the cmd window flashes for a brief moment then disappears. I thought that port 8080 may already have something running so double checked that and nothing was. I also changed the port to 8081 in the config file and still can't seem to get it started. Anyone have any ideas?

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 28, 2014, 9:14:01 AM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Could you post the output of scm-server.bat for a failed start?

Sebastian

I had tested out scm-server on my desktop and it worked fine. I then put it on my server and I can't seem to get it to start. When I open scm-server.bat the cmd window flashes for a brief moment then disappears. I thought that port 8080 may already have something running so double checked that and nothing was. I also changed the port to 8081 in the config file and still can't seem to get it started. Anyone have any ideas?

hopcycle

Mar 28, 2014, 9:42:24 AM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, it didn't seem to produce a log file. That would be stored in (/var/log) correct?

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 28, 2014, 9:44:19 AM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Could you open a "cmd" or "powershell" console, navigate to the bin folder and start the scm-server.bat from the command line?

Sebastian

hopcycle

Mar 28, 2014, 10:04:46 AM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I'm a noob with powershell but I navigated to bin then ran
"start-process .\scm-server.bat" but it didn't log anything

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 28, 2014, 1:10:03 PM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
You don't need "start-process" just run scm-server.bat from the bin directory. Is java installed on your server? Could you post the output of "java -version"?

Sebastian