LDAP error 32

Paul

Mar 28, 2014, 9:28:44 AM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com

I am trying to get groups for permissions enabled as our security for all of our tools are based on Project Security groups.  I've tried a couple different changes following this page: https://www.scm-manager.com/2013/12/permission-management-with-ldap-groups/  but am not getting success.

I get this:

Connection: SUCCESS
Search user: FAILURE
Authenticate user: FAILURE
Returned user is valid: FAILURE
Exception: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-0310020A, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'CN=Users,DC=dw,DC=local' ]

or:

Connection: SUCCESS
Search user: FAILURE
Authenticate user: FAILURE
Returned user is valid: FAILURE
Exception: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-0310020A, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'DC=dw,DC=local' ]

or:

Connection: SUCCESS
Search user: FAILURE
Authenticate user: FAILURE
Returned user is valid: FAILURE

Currently with the top error we are configured as:

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 28, 2014, 9:57:28 AM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Do you use "SCM-Manager Universe" or do you use a standalone version of scm-manager.
In the case of the standalone version which ldap server do you use and what is your base dn?

Sebastian

Message has been deleted

Paul

Mar 28, 2014, 1:38:42 PM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I have the standalone.

We are trying to connect to a Windows domain, currently server 2008.

I changed my current settings back to this and get the same error:
Profile

Sebastian Sdorra

Mar 28, 2014, 1:59:31 PM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
The people and the group unit is attached to the base dn, with this configuration scm-manager will search the following dns:

users: cn=Users,cn=users,dc=dw,dc=local
groups: ou=DWSecurityGroups,cn=users,dc=dw,dc=local

Are these dn's correct?

Sebastian

Paul

Mar 28, 2014, 2:30:58 PM3/28/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Ok fixed the base DN, not sure why I forgot that one in there.

I think the groups is working correctly but also think it isn't.

A test shows:

Connection: SUCCESS
Search user: SUCCESS
Authenticate user: SUCCESS
Returned user is valid: SUCCESS

User:
- Name: user
- Display Name: first.last
- Mail: first...@mail.com
 Groups
- App-V_Project_x64OS
- jira-users
- Offer Remote Assistance Helpers
- SVNAdmins

But if I go to a repo, type in a security group name; then log in as a user that is part of that security group, no repos are displayed.  If I look at ADSI edit, the DN for a security group is CN=GroupName,OU=DWSecurityGroups,DC=dw,DC=local

I just changed the Group Attribute name to member as that is the field in A/D where the users are listed, at least when looking in ADSI edit in a groups properties.  Also hovering over my login name in the lower right shows my group memberships correctly.

Sebastian Sdorra

Apr 1, 2014, 3:00:24 AM4/1/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked the group checkbox for the group permission?

Sebastian

Paul

Apr 1, 2014, 10:30:50 AM4/1/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
At the repo level - yes

Paul

Apr 1, 2014, 10:38:06 AM4/1/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it is case sensitive to our group names.

Sebastian Sdorra

Apr 1, 2014, 12:33:20 PM4/1/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this true scm-manager user and group names are case sensitive.

Sebastian