normalize the names in the scm-statistic-plugin

Mark Ward

May 21, 2016, 8:48:16 AM5/21/16
to scmmanager
Is it possible to configure the scm-statistic-plugin to not use case sensitive user names?  We have developers who have over time changed the case of their user name. If it is possible to report the statistics with case insensitive user names this would help improve the accuracy of the reports when this happens.

I am not sure if there is a way to configure a normalization within a mercurial repository and that may also be a solution.

-Mark

Gintas Grigelionis

May 24, 2016, 11:45:16 AM5/24/16
to scmmanager
I use scm-authormapping-plugin with some success (it has problems with Unicode). Mercurial documentation advises against editing the history.

Gintas

Mark Ward

May 24, 2016, 2:35:33 PM5/24/16
to scmmanager
Thank you Gintas.  I will check out the plugin.  The plugin does not have much documentation.  Would you happen to know if it has a configuration option to disable case sensitive for the names?  That alone would eliminate the need for me to create a user name map.

Mark Ward

May 24, 2016, 4:46:17 PM5/24/16
to scmmanager
I think i have it working.  The statistics needed to be rebuilt for the repository and it looks awesome to see the names normalized to the SCM-Manager users with the email used.