DEB repo issues

Mathieu Simon

Jul 3, 2014, 3:24:38 AM7/3/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi

The addition of both a RPM and a DEB repo for scm-manager is really
welcome as
it removes a lot of local hackery. Really, I like it :-)

I wanted to switch over, however after adding the DEB repo and the GPG
key 'aptitude update' says:

Fetched 2110 B in 1s (1206 B/s)
[ ERR] Reading package lists
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/maven.scm-manager.org_nexus_content_repositories_releases_._de
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: Couldn't rebuild package cache
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/maven.scm-manager.org_nexus_content_repositories_releases_._de
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Current status: 0 new [-14194].
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/maven.scm-manager.org_nexus_content_repositories_releases_._de
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

I get this message on Debian wheezy, I currently guess that something is
wrong with the repo metadata?

Cheers,
Mat

---

Sebastian Sdorra

Jul 4, 2014, 2:02:42 AM7/4/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I can't reproduce this problem, but it looks like it something wrong with your mergelist. I think you could remove all lists (sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf) and start apt-get update again.

Sebastian

Mathieu Simon

Jul 4, 2014, 3:14:27 AM7/4/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian

Am Freitag, 4. Juli 2014 08:02:42 UTC+2 schrieb Sebastian Sdorra:
I can't reproduce this problem, but it looks like it something wrong with your mergelist. I think you could remove all lists (sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf) and start apt-get update again.
I also tried deleting the offending files at first, obviously I didn't delete 'em all, that did the trick.

Next I ran into an unfortunate issue where preinst correctly checks for a user available called 'scm' (with getent passwd),
unfortunately in our LDAP directory we happen to already have a student user account called 'scm' so it doesn't create a local user.
I guess this conflict isn't happening to often. ;-)

However have you considered a username like scm-server or scmd (d for daemon?)
I guess that I'll reuse my previously-created scm-server user and hope it doesn't blow up permissions at every update of scm-server.

However I still really appreciate the repos being available.

-- Mathieu

Mathieu Simon

Jul 4, 2014, 4:01:28 AM7/4/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
So far so good

Additional note on the migration process:
Simply copying the previous userhome to /var/lib/scm wasn't sufficient as scm-server was looking for the
repositories that I moved to /var/lib/scm/ as recommended in the wiki.

I had to fix the repository location path in /var/lib/config/git.xml since it contained the old repository location.
hg.xml and svn.xml also contain the repository location, afterwards restart scm-server and it will eventually be fine with its health-check.

All LDAP configuration groups, permissions were then perfectly taken over from the previous install,
so the instructions are quit complete, cool.

-- Mathieu

Sven K.

Jul 4, 2014, 9:50:13 AM7/4/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi there

tried to play around and got the same issue as the thread starter.

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
sudo apt-get update
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/maven.scm-manager.org_nexus_content_repositories_releases_._de
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

That's everything I got on my console:S
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.

Cheers, Sven

Sebastian Sdorra

Jul 6, 2014, 5:19:47 AM7/6/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I can't reproduce this problem. I've setup a ubuntu 14.04 and was able to install scm-server without problems. Could you try the following:

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/* -vf
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install scm-server

Sebastian

Sven K.

Jul 7, 2014, 2:13:49 AM7/7/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian

Hi Sebastian

thanks for your support.
It seems that it is not working on my VM.
I will try to install a clean version of 14.04 again and go ahead with the installation.

Try to do your suggestion it ends like this:

Es wurden 32.0 MB in 19 s geholt (1'616 kB/s).
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fehler!

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header

E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/maven.scm-manager.org_nexus_content_repositories_releases_._de

E: Die Paketliste oder die Statusdatei konnte nicht eingelesen oder geöffnet werden.
me@scmserver:~$ sudo apt-get install scm-server
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fehler!

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header

E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/maven.scm-manager.org_nexus_content_repositories_releases_._de

E: Die Paketliste oder die Statusdatei konnte nicht eingelesen oder geöffnet werden.
me@scmserver:~$

Cheers

Sven K.

Jul 7, 2014, 3:07:40 AM7/7/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

even after a clean install I still get this issue.
Any idea about that?

Thanks for the fish

Sebastian Sdorra

Jul 13, 2014, 11:16:31 AM7/13/14
to scmma...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry but i've tested several times with ubuntu 14.04 without problems. Do you use an proxy server?

Sebastian