SciRuby tutorials

Sameer Deshmukh

Jun 28, 2016, 1:42:26 PM6/28/16
to SciRuby Development
Hello,

One thing that people kept asking at RDRC was a place where they could get good tutorials to SciRuby tools all in one place. So I went ahead and created SciRuby/tutorials: https://github.com/SciRuby/tutorials

Please fork the repo and add any links to tutorials to SciRuby tools that you have in mind. Just make sure you put it under the right header. Feel free to make your own in case you can't find it under the ones I've listed.

John Woods

Jun 29, 2016, 11:54:25 AM6/29/16
to SciRuby Development
Is there some reason we don't just use the Sciruby/sciruby wiki for this?

Sameer Deshmukh

Jun 29, 2016, 1:07:33 PM6/29/16
to SciRuby Development
I thought it would be better to store the tutorials in the same repo too, not just the links to them. Also I think repos have more visibility in general than wiki pages. Take the awesome-ruby or ruby-style-guide repos, for example.

John Woods

Jun 29, 2016, 1:42:22 PM6/29/16
to SciRuby Development
Wiki pages are significantly easier to edit, though — and our biggest issue right now is getting people to contribute to these tutorials.

Sameer Deshmukh

Jun 29, 2016, 2:33:50 PM6/29/16
to SciRuby Development
I'm working on some video tutorials myself since I think it's a quick and simple medium of conveying information. Will put them up soon.

John Woods

Jun 29, 2016, 3:11:25 PM6/29/16
to SciRuby Development
Awesome. If you'll do the work, I won't make noise about the medium. =)