Action plan for community bonding period

Sameer Deshmukh

May 9, 2017, 5:02:49 AM5/9/17
to SciRuby Mailing List, Athitya Kumar, Shekhar Prasad Rajak, Victor Shepelev, Lokesh Sharma
Hello Shekhar and Athithya,

Since both of you have to perform a non-trivial overhaul of your respective proposals, I thought we should come up with a timeline to adhere to in order to bring better co-ordination and accountability.

Here goes:
  • Now - May 14 ->  Co-ordindate with each other and with mentors to draw up a NEW list of new importer/exporters and views that each of you will implement. Read each other's proposals. If you see something that you missed earlier, adopt it in your proposal.
  • May 14 - May 21  -> Draw up a plan on how you go about with the implementation. Go in as much detail as possible - check out all possible ways of implementing said solution, see other people's work who have done something like you are about to do before you and try to improve on that (or adopt it).
  • Between May 21 - 25 -> We will hold a video conference attended by Victor, Lokesh, Athithya, Shekhar and myself to go through both your proposals point by point and suggest ways to improve or maybe change what you have suggested.
  • Upto May 28 -> Shekhar and Athithya work on further improving their proposals based on feedback and prepare to start the coding period (30th onwards).

Make sure both of you adhere to the above timeline. There is ample time for you to consider all the decisions that you will need to make during the coding period. For now, you may stop contributing code to daru and only focus your effort on planning. We know that you can code.

Collaboration is key for this project. How well you work as a team will have a huge impact on your evaluations. Keep communication open and insightful. If something is worth sharing, share it.

“Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Poor Performance” - Stephen Keague

Regards,
Sameer Deshmukh

Athitya Kumar

May 16, 2017, 8:37:30 AM5/16/17
to Sameer Deshmukh, SciRuby Mailing List, Shekhar Prasad Rajak, Victor Shepelev, Lokesh Sharma
Hey all.

Have a look at my updated timeline here. I've added a few comments wherever I feel clarification is required - please feel free to put forward your opinions as comments / replies.

Regards,
Athitya Kumar

Shekhar Prasad Rajak

May 18, 2017, 2:28:57 PM5/18/17
to SciRuby Development, athity...@gmail.com, shekharr...@gmail.com, zverok....@gmail.com, lokeshh...@gmail.com
Hello,

I am updating " Plan " and " Timeline" in this docs . Please have a look and add your comments/suggestions.

--
Shekhar