Google Summer of Code 2015

John Woods

Jan 27, 2015, 12:55:33 PM1/27/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone interested in being the admin for GSoC 2015?

The deadline for our application is February 20th. I'm happy to help write the application, but I need someone else to pick up after that.

John

Carlos Agarie

Feb 5, 2015, 8:48:26 AM2/5/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Hey John,

What is the time commitment required for being an admin?

-----
Carlos Agarie
Software Engineer
+55 11 97320-3878 | @carlos_agarie

John

Pjotr Prins

Feb 5, 2015, 9:08:32 AM2/5/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
It is *less* than for a mentor (normally). A time of high activity when
putting in the application and encouraging mentors and students at
selection time. The first weeks of GSoC are also intensive to make
sure everyone starts up properly. Thereafter it is just monitoring,
which should not take a lot of time (the mentors/students do their
jobs) unless there is a crisis.

Main thing is to be approachable (within reason) and make sure things
chug along.

And then there is some administrative work.

I can help with the kick-off phase.

Pj.

--
http://thebird.nl/track.html