[ANN] Talk selected for RubyKaigi 2016

Sameer Deshmukh

Jul 22, 2016, 3:36:19 AM7/22/16
to SciRuby Development
Hello,

I'm very happy to announce that my talk 'Data Analysis in Ruby with daru' has been selected for RubyKaigi 2016 that will be taking place in Kyoto, Japan. This is the largest Ruby conference in the world and attracts speakers and attendees from many countries.

I will be talking about daru, visualization and SciRuby's future endeavors. I hope to give a small glimpse of this year's GSOC projects too. I'll post the details soon for your feedback.

If any of you are attending RubyKaigi this year, please let me know. We will catch up!

Victor Shepelev

Jul 22, 2016, 3:44:20 AM7/22/16
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Wow. Amazing news!

Kenta Murata

Jul 22, 2016, 4:29:15 AM7/22/16
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!

My talk was accepted for RubyKaigi 2016, too.

My talk topic is specialized for machine learning.
I want to explain the contemporary machine learning system like sickit-learn, to clear what is needed to make Ruby available for ML use cases, and to introduce several gems for the purpose.
Also I want to introduce recent works by SciRuby in Japan, that is SciRuby-ja.

I'm looking forward to meeting and talking about SciRuby with you in Kyoto, Sameer.

Again, congratulations!

2016年7月22日(金) 16:36 Sameer Deshmukh <sameer.d...@gmail.com>:

Sameer Deshmukh

Jul 23, 2016, 6:45:10 AM7/23/16
to SciRuby Development
Sounds great Kenta!

Looking forward to meeting you and other Japanese SciRuby contributors :)

Arafat Khan

Jul 23, 2016, 2:02:14 PM7/23/16
to SciRuby Development
Congratulations Sameer !