Function in C API needs proper declaration #477

Nakul Vaidya

Mar 10, 2017, 12:44:37 PM3/10/17
to SciRuby Development

I tried to compile nmatrix/ext/nmatrix/nmatrix.cpp
I got this error:
nmatrix.cpp:34:18: fatal error: ruby.h: No such file or directory
#include <ruby.h>
^
compilation terminated.

I tried running these commands :
$ sudo apt-get install ruby-dev
$ sudo apt-get install ruby2.3-dev
$ gem install rerun
$ gem install ruby
gcc is already installed

I am working on ubuntu 16.10
output for: ruby -v
ruby 2.4.0p0 (2016-12-24 revision 57164) [x86_64-linux]

please help.

John Woods

Mar 10, 2017, 12:46:14 PM3/10/17
to SciRuby Development
What result did you get when you tried the things I suggested?

Message has been deleted

Nakul Vaidya

Mar 10, 2017, 1:28:09 PM3/10/17
to SciRuby Development

Yes I tried installing ruby with rbenv but still there is no change in error.

I followed this tutorial :
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-ruby-on-rails-with-rbenv-on-ubuntu-16-04

John Woods

Mar 10, 2017, 3:03:23 PM3/10/17
to SciRuby Development
What else have you tried? Have other people had the same error? I can google it for you, but I can't try the solutions I find since I don't have access to your machine.

Nakul Vaidya

Mar 11, 2017, 8:03:24 PM3/11/17
to SciRuby Development

John Woods

Mar 12, 2017, 1:02:05 PM3/12/17
to SciRuby Development
Can you provide your exact steps to reproduce with rbenv? I'll run it in a VM on Monday if I can.