Mentor's summit selection

Sameer Deshmukh

Aug 1, 2018, 1:30:54 AM8/1/18
to SciRuby Mailing List, Prasun Anand, Athitya Kumar, Shekhar Prasad Rajak, John Woods, Pjotr Prins
All:

After some discussion, we have selected Prasun and Atithya to represent
us at the GSOC mentor's summit this year in the US on the condition that
both of them will be admins for SciRuby for GSOC 2019.

If either of you don't have a US visa, please begin the procedure ASAP
as it takes time for Indian passport holders. Also, you should go to the
GSOC mentor's summit website and register your names and reserve your
hotels. Contact John for the tickets. DO NOT buy the tickets yourself.
He will do it for you.

As for Shekhar, I am extremely sorry that we could not put you on the
list this year since they allow only 2 mentors. I will be putting you on
the wait list, and will let you know if it gets through. Please keep
extending your support to SciRuby. Your contributions are very valuable
to the community. I hope you will mentor with us next year too.

--
Regards,
Sameer Deshmukh

Master's degree student. Rio Yokota Lab.
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan.

Twitter : @v0dro
GitHub: @v0dro
Blog: http://v0dro.in

Prasun Anand

Aug 1, 2018, 5:40:00 AM8/1/18
to Sameer Deshmukh, SciRuby Mailing List, Athitya Kumar, Shekhar Prasad Rajak, John Woods, Pjotr Prins
Hi,

Thanks for selecting me and Atithya to represent SciRuby at GSoC
mentor's summit.
I am really glad and extremely excited to work as an admin for SciRuby
for GSoC 2019 :) .

I would try my best to be helpful to the community.

I hope that Shekhar joins us too.

Regards,
Prasun

Athitya Kumar

Aug 1, 2018, 4:32:53 PM8/1/18
to Prasun Anand, Sameer Deshmukh, SciRuby Mailing List, Shekhar Prasad Rajak, John Woods, Pjotr Prins
Hey all.

Thanks for selecting us for the mentor's summit. We really hope that Shekhar is also able to make it through the waiting list.

Are there any SciRuby goodies that we could load ourselves with, to distribute at the summit maybe? ;-)

PS - I have a dream, that people will someday spell my name correctly.

Regards,

Athitya Kumar (Facebook | LinkedIn | Homepage | Blog | GitHub
5th-year undergrad
IIT Kharagpur

John Woods

Aug 2, 2018, 7:30:27 PM8/2/18
to Athitya Kumar, Prasun Anand, Sameer Deshmukh, SciRuby Mailing List, Shekhar Prasad Rajak, Pjotr Prins
People usually just spend a few units of the local currency to print out some SciRuby stickers.