[ANN] New daru released with a ton of new features.

Sameer Deshmukh

Feb 28, 2015, 1:54:34 PM2/28/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've just release daru version 0.0.5, with a ton of new features for data analysis.

To summarize, the new features are as follows:
  • New improved plotting DSL
  • Faster CSV loading
  • Compatibility with nmatrix and statsample
  • Ability to split or group data with the #group_by function
  • Generating quick data statistics with #pivot_table
  • A whole array of statistics functions on Daru::DataFrame
  • Hierarchical indexing of data with Daru::MultiIndex
  • Bugfixes
Check out the gem at rubygems(https://rubygems.org/gems/daru) and also read the accompanying blog post to get further information: http://v0dro.github.io/blog/2015/02/24/data-analysis-in-ruby-part-2/

Over and above this, I have a few things in mind for the next release of daru. Some of the key features are:
  • Complete compatibility with statsample for performing various statistics operations.

  • Read data into DataFrame from more sources (currently only CSV support is active)

  • Support for indexing data on TimeSeries.

  • Arel-like querying syntax for DataFrame.

If you folks have any suggestions apart from those listed above, please let me know. It would be great feedback!

Regards,
Sameer Deshmukh